When it comes to growing your own food, garlic is one of the best vegetables you can use, as it is cheap and extremely easy to grow. You may be put off by its strong smell and specific taste, but eating a garlic bulb daily works wonders for your health. In other words, garlic is cheap and simple vegetable which provides many health benefits. This article will explain how to manage an endless supply of Garlic indoors.
It is abundant in many nutrients, including calcium, potassium, magnesium, silicon, phosphoric acid, extractives, sulfuric acid, sodium, nitrogenous substances, essential oils, phytosterols, and vitamins B, C, and D.
Moreover, garlic contains phytoncides which is formed during the mechanical destruction of the plant. In other words, you need to crush or grind garlic in order to reap maximum benefits. According to the researchers, allicin, a type of phytoncide, has potent bacteriostatic properties which can cure infections fast. Ultimately, garlic is abundant in anti-fungal properties. This makes it one of the most potent antibiotics known to mankind.
What do you need to maintain an endless supply of Garlic indoors?
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 container
- Potting soil
- First, pick a nice garlic head
- Then, take a pot and fill it with potting soil
- Separate the cloves and put each of them vertically at a 1-inch depth
- Cover the garlic cloves with an inch of the potting soil
- Place the pot in an well-lit area
- Make sure you water the plant on a regular basis, just as you do with any other indoor plant
- Once the green become 3-4 inches tall, cut them and leave an inch so that they can re-grow
- Dig out the cloves once they dry up and turn brown. You will be able to notice a full bulb which each of the cloves has created.
- Take a clove from the new bulb and repeat the entire process
Like what you read? Read about our article on right diets to follow.